FOOD - European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training
Improve has recently become the UK partner in the FOOD - European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET) project.
The project will incorporate the results of a former project ‘Food-Skills’ in order to facilitate understanding of the ECVET model by social partners in the food sector and hence improve the participation of workers with low-levels of qualifications in the sector’s educational and vocational training and lifelong learning programmes.
FOOD-ECVET has the following objectives:
- To identify the ECVET situation in EU countries and analyse the opportunities for its application to the food industry through the description of learning outcomes, the roles of ECVET competent institutions (especially social partners) transfer of credits, appraisal, learning agreements and ECVET points.
- To establish an exchange of opinions and best practices among social partners, public administrations, companies and training centres to propose and promote a “Guide to the application of the ECVET in the food sector”
- To prepare e-learning material for the training of training officers in the sector based on the sector’s needs and the opportunities for applying the ECVET model.
- To carry out a pilot course for training officers in the sector in different countries, checking the results and creating a proposed training strategy for the sector
- To validate, evaluate, disseminate and promote the results of the project.