Benefits - Scotland
Apprentices learn while they work, so their knowledge is up-to-date. Training is on-the-job and the practical skills apprentices gain meet the need of the employer.
Modern Apprenticeships in Food Manufacture offer apprentices the benefits of:
- Able to ‘earn and learn’ while becoming competent in the role.
- Supports career development by enabling progression from Level 2 to Level 3.
- Along with Continuous Professional Development (CPD) comes increased job satisfaction.
- Gaining full recognition for your sector qualification achievement.
Modern Apprenticeships in Food Manufacture offer employers the benefits of:
- The Scottish SVQ based Framework offer a single scheme of learning that covers a wide range of food manufacturing roles.
- Some flexibility on how to deliver apprenticeships as best suits your workforce.
- Helps to create a better trained, more highly skilled workforce.
- Can assist in the development of a learning culture in your organisation which in turn aids staff retention (and so reduces costs).
- Apprenticeships remain a high priority with the Scottish Government, Improves Apprenticeships can allow access to funding.
See our case study below:
A case study of the succesful use of Modern Apprenticeships for Food Manufacture